Flights between Canada and the U.S.
All other flights
Air Canada is subject to the U.S.Department of Transportation's Rule on "Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel" (14 CFR Part 382) applicable to the services we offer customers with special needs who:
- Are travelling on a flight between Canada and the United States; and
- Have purchased a ticket with an Air-Canada operated flight through a US-based airline (the ticket will then bear the code of the US airline, e.g. United Airlines' UA 7811).
Travel with an Attendant/Safety Assistant
Air Canada may require that you travel with a safety assistant if:
- Because of a mental disability, you are unable to comprehend or respond appropriately to safety instructions from onboard personnel;
- You are affected by a mobility impairment so severe that you are unable to assist in your own evacuation of the aircraft in case of an emergency; or
- You are affected by both severe hearing and severe vision impairments that are such that you cannot establish adequate means of communication with onboard personnel to allow for the transmission of the required safety briefing and to enable you to assist in your own evacuation of the aircraft in case of an emergency.
We recommend that you contact Air Canada Reservations in advance of travel to benefit from special rates* (if applicable) and to request adjoining seats for you and your safety assistant.
Red Watermelon High Women TAOFFEN Fashion Sandals Heel Buckle *Special rates do not apply to Hawaii.
You will need to travel with an attendant if you are not self-reliant and are severely physically disabled (e.g. paraplegic or quadriplegic) so as to require assistance in getting in and out of your seat.
You and your attendant will be seated together. You may not sit in different cabins and, for safety reasons, cannot be seated in an exit row.
Travel within Canada
An attendant may travel with you at no charge if you are travelling only within Canada on:
- An Air Canada flight
- An Air Canada Express flight operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian and Exploits Valley Air
Please note that all applicable taxes remain payable, except the Gander Airport Authority's Improvement fee.
How to book
Here’s what you need to do to book travel for yourself and for your attendant:
- First, complete your own booking online, then
- Call the Steelite Work Cap Mustang Toe Boot Brown S3 Steel Portwest RdSpq66w immediately afterward (see contact information at the bottom of this page) so an agent can complete a booking for your attendant on the same flight as yours, and ensure that you have adjoining seats.
- Print a copy of the Air Canada Fitness for Travel formOpen PDF file and
- Follow the instructions on how and when to request medical approval for travel.
If you are not self-reliant and need to travel with an attendant on an international flight*, you must:
- print a copy of the Air Canada Fitness for Travel formOpen PDF file and
- follow the instructions on how and when to request medical approval for travel.
* This does not include flights to and from the U.S.
Fashion Heel Women TAOFFEN Buckle Watermelon Sandals High Red More About Travel with an Attendant
If you are travelling on an Aeroplan booking, contact Aeroplan directly to book your attendant's flight, and then, if medical approval is required, call the Steelite Work Cap Mustang Toe Boot Brown S3 Steel Portwest RdSpq66w.
Advance Seat Selection
Advance seat selection is not permitted when travelling with an attendant. Seats are assigned manually in advance of your flight by the Steelite Work Cap Mustang Toe Boot Brown S3 Steel Portwest RdSpq66w with the purpose of accommodating your special needs.
Changing your Choice of Attendant
Should your choice of attendant change prior to travel, Air Canada will accommodate this change free of charge with 48 hours advance notice.
We will, however, make a reasonable effort to accommodate changes made within this time frame. Certain conditions may apply.
Please call Air Canada Reservations for more information.
Travel in Business Class with Executive or Classic Pod Seats
Because of the unique configuration of Business Class Executive Pod and Classic Pod seats, prior authorization must be obtained from the Steelite Work Cap Mustang Toe Boot Brown S3 Steel Portwest RdSpq66w if you are planning to travel in Business Class, and you are not self-reliant and severely physically disabled (paraplegic or quadriplegic) so as to require an attendant to assist in getting in and out of your seat.
The transfer from the wheelchair to the Executive Pod or Classic Pod seat may be done with the assistance of your attendant, or by two Air Canada agents. In all cases, your attendant must be able to assist with your personal needs onboard, and help you in or out of your seat to an exit in the event of an emergency situation or an evacuation.